Generations


We’re fed up with this kind of behavior
This toxic ass sludge,
Capitalist favor
It’s the new generation,
A part again of creation
Going back before time,
Let me sink it in with rhyme
We ain’t got the time
To be turning your mess
Of a world on a dime
I cannot stress enough
You ain’t that tough
Ruining the economy
Acting like it was harder for you than it is for me
And something on which we can both agree
Is that this system is fucked up
You keep telling me to shut up
Like it’s not your fault
Starting a war with the Earth we can’t halt
And one more time this kind of behavior
Is sick,
And if that’s not your particular flavor
Of thought
Can I just see what I’m not
Up against here
Fuck your fascism,
Screw your fear
And if I wasn’t quite clear
You are DONE here
It’s our turn to appear
From the ashes
Of a broken system with classes
Where a man working his ass off is
Looked down upon by the masses,
And not even paid a fair living wage
Because of “ethnicity” recorded on a page
In a warehouse of technology
Why does that matter so much to you and to me?
Because you made it so
Is not the lesson I’m passing on, So
Let it go
We’re coming out of the gate
No time for us to abate
The endless flood of knowledge
You yourself helped us create
So take some credit here
Dear,
If I wasn’t quite crystal clear
This is all you
And the generation you helped screw

Comments

Popular Posts