Money and Millenials


Its a little green paper
Signed onto a waiver
“One free entry” it cries
“Collect them all or you shall die”
And on it is stamped lies
About the worth of paper and gold
Hearkening back to the silver of old
When will we take this moldy system
Into a future where bread is less expensive
And food is there for all
I don’t think we’re making the right call here
Living in a constant state of fear
That we might not make the next bill
Feeding ourselves this capitalist swill
That you’ve got to be worth something good
To get your daily food
And while we’re at it why stop now
Feeding grain to cows
And feeding cows to human beings
And wondering why we’re so damn big
Well from what I’m seeing
This isn’t my game of monopoly
This isn’t my idea of a democracy
The thing happening in America today
Are we supposed to believe
Progress paved this way?

You asked me once why we’re so lazy
I’m here to tell you that idea is crazy
We’re so far from not working hard enough
Don’t you understand how tough
It is to make a dollar?
Wage gaps holla!
When millenials make the same as you used to
Back in good ol nineteen seventy two
But the price of goods and services
Has tripled in the past fifty years.
Before you trip up
Let me see
How you’re doing on equality?
Oh
Guess that’s how far you managed to go
So
Don’t tell me we’re the problem
When you’re the one with the gigantic roster
With numbers on it that make time go faster
With each passing year
A tiny bit of fear
You’re passing on to us
I’m begging make it stop.
How dare you create a system
In which there is no wisdom?
Leave us be;
Or we’ll fix your society.

Comments

Popular Posts