Birthdays and Bye-Bye's


Thanks for the birthday, mom
And really all that you did,
But it’s time to realize now
I’m no longer that naive kid
Who stuck to your word
Flying free now baby bird
As plants need water
So too do grown children
So shape up and face
This life you’ve been given

Do you see me, tired eyes?
Is there possibly the hint of surprise
I’m standing up for myself
Against God and against Woman
The creator,
The Lady
She which gave life to a precious baby
Now grown is child less?
Now adult, is that child somehow less blessed
And if I may confess
I was never too stressed
About blood-kin familial ties
So it’s time you become very wise
And decide
Maybe now’s the time
To rekindle something once burning
Who can come before a mother’s yearning?
Surely to see the child you wrought
Is worth more than tragedies bought.


Comments

Popular Posts