Your Kind(Ness)

I wish I could say in words
The kinda hell your kind deserves
Let's be clear,
Down with the fear,
The abuse and self loathing
You stitched into my clothing
And look at my scars
Can't you see how they are
Wide like a tiger scratch,
Cocky you are, like you ever had my back
Micro aggression turned macro in skin
Wipe off that unmistakable grin
You think these healed through time?
Through the therapy version of turning on a dime?
Screw you, I earned
Every second of healing I deserved
And I'm nothing if not proud,
So I've got something to say to you,
Best served loud.

Screw you very much
Thanks for the low self esteem,
And for making me think
I was less than a Queen
Of this sorry place
Get up and join the race
Of humanity,
Can't you even see
The things you fucking did to me?

For all the times you let me fall
And laughed
Or even times you whacked
At my self worth like a tree,
Cut it down like me at the knees,
I told you once,
I told you twice,
And if you spout one more damn piece of advice
I'll show you what it's like to be the VIP
Of your own animosity
Can y'all hear me in the back?
No plan of attack,
Coming back like a battle axe
Slower and more deadly,
When hidden behind the friendly
Every word's a whip that cracks
With fervor against my aching back
Hey you, you see these scars?
I can tell you how important they are
To the person I am that you'll never be
Showing up with integrity

C'mon you bastard,
Live like you could
Your love reeks of anger,
Your currency's no good.

Comments

Popular Posts